ooc: Okay, I’m really tired of people acting like Loki was somehow directly responsible for Frigga’s death because he told Kurse to take the “stairs to the left”. Allow me to point out a few things:
- We don’t know what the stairs to the left led to.
- We don’t even know if Kurse took the stairs to the left.
- Ask yourself this: even IF Loki was inclined to help Kurse - which seems very unlikely after Kurse let out all the other prisoners and refused to let Loki out - Loki had no way of knowing it was a pre-planned attack. From Loki’s POV the whole thing looked like a simple prison break/riot. Even if his directions were meant to be helpful, it’s entirely probable that Loki was directing him to what seemed like Kurse’s logical destination - the way out of the dungeon so he could escape. There is no reason Loki would think Kurse’s intent was anything but immediate escape.
- That’s assuming Loki even meant to help Kurse, which is by no means a given. Loki is the God of Mischief and this guy was an enemy of Asgard who had just refused to release Loki while letting everyone else out. Loki could mischief the crap out of this jerk and it would make Loki look good for preventing a criminal’s escape. He had every reason to foil Kurse and none to help him. For all we know, the stairs to the left might have sent Kurse straight into Thor and the W4.
- Considering how pre-planned and coordinated the attack was - attacking Vanaheim so that Kurse would be taken to Asgard’s dungeon and then Kurse starting the prison break just as the Dark Elf ships attacked Asgard - do any of you seriously believe Kurse went in there not knowing exactly where the shield room was? Of course not. Nothing Loki said made any difference, because Kurse already knew where to go.
- And do I really need to point out that Kurse went to the shield room first, and it was Malekith who went to Frigga’s chamber - because Malekith could sense where the Aether was? Kurse only went to where Malekith already was.
- Loki did not know where Kurse meant to go and thus could not have guided him there.
- Loki had no reason to help Kurse and several good reasons to misdirect him.
- Kurse did know exactly where to go and didn’t need Loki’s help to find it.
- Kurse wasn’t even the one who found Frigga and the Aether - Malekith was.
Therefore there is no way Loki could logically be responsible for Frigga’s death. Loki feels guilty because he wasn’t there to help, not because he somehow caused Frigga’s murder.
So how about everyone stops twisting logic into pretzels to try to blame Loki for every bad thing that happened in three films?